I made chocolate pomegranate cookies last night. And oh my god. Thank you How Sweet It Is! This is a winning recipe I’ll be using in the future… many, many times… probably adding pecans or walnuts next time.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, then pomegranate juice and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and arils. Refrigerate dough for 2-4 hours (or more). When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350, roll into balls and set on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely.